Frequently Asked Questions

If the tax reduction cannot be fully offset due to insufficient taxes, can the reduction be refunded or carried forward to the next taxable period?

No, this tax reduction can neither be refunded (no tax credit) nor carried forward to a subsequent taxable period.

As with the tax advantage for pension savings, any excess of the tax reduction cannot be offset against the due tax of the other spouse.