Every investment decision must be based on an examination of an exhaustive set of information provided by the entrepreneur on his online profile. Spreds only proceeds to a limited verification of this information and does not control the investment opportunity within this company. Spreds did not verify the extent to which the business plan is deemed realistic and does not intervene with the final Information Note, including the retained maximum valuation. Spreds will align itself with the financial terms negotiated with the co-investor(s).
This proposed investment differs from Spreds’ usual proposed investments in Participative Notes, issued by Spreds Finance.
Indeed, a subscription in this offer is for shares in Mazaro. Subscribers thus become direct shareholders of MAZARO, without Spreds Finance as intermediary.
The process to subscribe to the capital increase and share issue of MAZARO is described under the Deal section.
Identity of the Issuer
MAZARO is referred to as the Issuer, MAZARO or the Company, www.mazaro.eu.
The disruptive transmission technology the Issuer created, is in its initial stage of commercialization.
The Issuer designs innovative transmissions that combine an exceptionally high internal efficiency with the ability to keep the engine or E-motor on its optimum efficiency curve at all times, offering unrivalled energy, emissions and cost savings while enhancing performance and comfort.
This technology is most suitable for trucks, buses, off-highway machinery, lift trucks, tractors, passenger cars (both engine driven and electric) besides industrial drivelines such as gensets and compressors.
The Issuer has its intellectual property protected by four patents (three already granted) in all regions with a relevant automotive industry. MAZARO’s revenues will come from royalties and prototypes engineering income.
Partnering companies take care about serial production, sales and after-sales. Ir. Filip De Mazière developed the technology from scratch. He is supported by ir. Lucas Present who has been working for MAZARO since October 2015.
The University of Ghent provides engineering support in building the test benches. Prior to launching MAZARO, Filip gained 25 years transmission design expertise in the industry, supplying Liebherr, Case New Holland, McLaren, Ferrari. He was granted 15 patents, some in production since the ‘90s.
At this stage, the technology is fully developed, tested on the bench and on the road, and made mature for commercialisation. Recently, partnerships with production companies were set up and are being set up.
The Issuer has received several prototype orders from customers intending to launch series. The company has expanded the team with financial and economical expertise for intensifying its business development and commercialisation.
The crucial component in a vehicle influencing these needs is the transmission, positioned between the engine (or electric motor) and the drive wheels. Its function is to adapt the engine’s speed and torque to what the drive wheels need in different driving conditions.
All current systems – automatic (AT), manual (MT), double clutch (DCT), hydrostatic (HS) or continuously variable (CVT) – have their limitations, reducing the vehicle’s overall efficiency.
The RVT serves vehicles with an internal combustion engine; the SVT is suited for electric vehicles and for driving auxiliaries.
Reversible Variable Transmission RVT:
- 11 – 19% less fuel consumption
- 11– 19% less emissions
- Compact and 25% lighter than Automatics
- 5% less production costs
- Maintenance free
Single Stage Variable Transmission SVT:
- 16,8% further driving range
- Max speed increase from 82 to 127 km/h
- Enhanced hill climbing capability
- No noise
MAZARO’s transmissions have the following advantage over manuals and automatics:
- They have the highest internal and overall efficiency in the market (i.e. geared systems never are efficient during shifting, not at low torque level);
- They keep the engine and E-motor on their lowest energy consumption curve (i.e. MAZARO is the first in the world, capable of keeping the engine or E-motor on their ideal, lowest energy consumption curve at all times); and
- Their minimalist design (i.e. 86% less make parts) reduces complexity and eliminates maintenance.
The HOW: How could MAZARO achieve these results?
- A disruptive design: the inventor, Filip De Mazière, had the audacity to start from a blank page rather than only optimizing an existing system;
- The unique shape of the running surfaces is patented and enables a mathematically pure rolling without drill-slip, a common problem in all other continuously variable systems.
- No gears, shifting gears wastes energy. MAZARO’s transmission allows the motors to always be at its most efficient.
- The transmissions are developed by a highly performant team led by Filip De Mazière who has 25 years of transmission design expertise supplying Liebherr, Case New Holland, McLaren, Ferrari...
- Customized controllers developed in-house enable the exploitation of the transmissions at their full potential.
MAZARO’s granted patents are valid for 20 years, counting from the Filing Date (as indicated in the table below).
The trademark “MAZARO Driving Innovations” is registered (Registration nº WP 2015770).
Anand offers the Issuer EUR 300,000 for exclusivity on receipt of a customer LOI and this amount is only for the first project.
The first project consists of transmissions for trucks and SUV for reputable brands. As Anand plans to produce several models for different applications, the yearly volumes will grow even further. Anand shall pay all the Issuer’s expenses but no development cost of this first demo project.
One international truck manufacturer has confirmed a prototype order and another one confirmed in the last meeting they had with Anand that they will order a prototype.