Every investment decision must be based on an examination of an exhaustive set of information provided by the entrepreneur on his online profile. Spreds only proceeds to a limited verification of this information and does not control the investment opportunity within this company. Spreds did not verify the extent to which the business plan is deemed realistic and does not intervene with the final Information Note, including the retained maximum valuation. Spreds will align itself with the financial terms negotiated with the co-investor(s).
Development of the first European mobile payment app for carefully selected venues (five star hotels, wine bars, cocktail and rooftop bars, coffee shops and tearooms etc). Established in France and Belgium since 2015, the app connects people with the must-see local bars and allow a total cashless experience for both parties.
Use of financing
- Recruiting a business developer, a CMO, a product manager and a Growth Hacker.
- Making the IT developers full-time employees
- Renting commercial premises
- Acquiring management and analysis solutions such as Emasphere, Hipay, etc
- Adapting communication and marketing expenditures
- Introducing a loyalty programme.
- Expanding geographical presence to various large cities.
Why invest in Barnaby ?
Remember: contactless payments were introduced in Belgium and France in 2012, today they represent in France more than 30% of card payments. Barnaby is going even further with its built-in cashless technology which means customers don’t have to use their credit card. Their card details are registered once for all in the app under optimal security conditions. To achieve this, Barnaby has chosen the technology developed by the American company Stripe® which is currently used by large global players such as Facebook, Amazon, SAP, Deliveroo, Wetransfer, etc .
- There are millions of bars throughout the world. Unfortunately, the well known ones are not always the best...
- Many establishments take unfair advantage of their geographical location. Exaggerated differences between prices, products, and services.
- The best places are often known to just a small number of insiders.
- The tourist guides are always out of date... and they’re also too heavy and cumbersome!
- The classical payment problems: waiting period, minimum spending, bill splitting,... still exist...
- Very high turnover of bars opening and going out of business around the planet... How do you decide? Who can you trust?
- Top class hotels have bars and qualified staff... but they also find it quite difficult to attract non hotel clients... Obviously, this is a significant loss of income for them!
- People do not dare or do not think of going inside a hotel under the pretext that they are not customers (not welcome).
- Barnaby selects the best bars in town, depending on where you are and what you're looking for.
- Once in the bar, there is no need for any cash, or credit card, … in other words: leave your wallet at home, have your phone in your pocket and make the experience last longer.
- Barnaby takes care of the bill, just say if you prefer to share with your friends or pay for them.
- A top of the range visibility tool that preserves the brand image of the establishments and attracts desirable new clients from around the world.
- A "Revenue Management" integration tool.
- Barnaby has innovated by providing bars with a strong database.
- Having access to a complete back office: bars can consolidate their data in order to improve their CRM.
- In addition, Barnaby helps avoid the unpaid bills problem and leads to an increase of their average ticket.
Sources of revenues
- Entry fees
- Monthly subscription
- Commission on the purchase of retail customers linked to Barnaby
- Media content/hand tailored services
1) its community through social networks.
2) its partnership projects/visibility with stakeholders linked to tourism: Uber, Eurostar, Airfrance, Havas,etc.
3) continue to structure its young, dynamic and ambitious sales team.
4) its loyalty program to be put in place: sponsorship/scalable number of options/gamification
2) Seeking exclusivity with the largest possible number of establishments
3) Rapidly establishing partnerships with companies such as "Airbnb" or even "Onefinestay" in order to increase the number of users
4) Intelligent and tailored use of the sales team in the towns targeted to optimize the number of recruitments
5) Appointment of a "BARNABY AMBASSADOR" in each town, for proactive feedback on changes in the various markets and trends
6) Prospection/filtering/skimming through an "internal committee” for venues selection.
1) At the European level: Focusing on the main towns showing the largest annual number of overnight stays.
2) Worldwide: Focusing on the main towns showing the largest annual number of overnight stays !! Ensuring that Barnaby fully retains its flexibility in order to adapt to the change in the rating of the towns/target markets!!
3) Protecting the "BARNABY" brand internationally
They are talking about us :