Every investment decision must be based on an examination of an exhaustive set of information provided by the entrepreneur on his online profile. Spreds only proceeds to a limited verification of this information and does not control the investment opportunity within this company. Spreds did not verify the extent to which the business plan is deemed realistic and does not intervene with the final Information Note, including the retained maximum valuation. Spreds will align itself with the financial terms negotiated with the co-investor(s).
The Hydrobox is a standardised, containerised & remotely monitored power plant equipped with smart sensors, using artificial intelligence and blockchain technology to enable efficient & transparent operations. Hydrobox plans to develop & operate 6 power plants in Kenya over the next 4 years, selling affordable electricity directly to households, businesses and the national electricity grid (Hydrobox as a SERVICE). In addition, the Hydrobox will be sold as a turnkey power plant (Hydrobox as a PRODUCT) to businesses and institutions in need of a sustainable power source or looking to make an investment.
Today, our pilot plant is already producing electricity for 1.000 individuals in Murang'a County, Kenya.
Our goal for 2019-2020 is to scale up our off-grid capacity, develop the first large on-grid plant and lay a solid basis for the expansion across Africa.
- Containerised power plants allow for:
- shorter installation time (< 1 year)
- reduced installation costs
- mobility in case of changes in political & economic context
- Smart sensors & use of artificial intelligence & blockchain allow for:
- accurate monitoring of environmental conditions
- real time monitoring & forecasting of electricity production
- remote operation of the plant and the grid
- predictive operation & maintenance
- The Hydrobox can be operated in on-grid and off-grid setting:
- selling electricity to households, businesses, industry
- selling electricity to the national grid
- Capacity: 100 kW - 5 MW
- Social Media Platforms
- Direct Mailing.
HYDROBOX AS A PRODUCT: Large local businesses, Government entities, Investment funds - Communicating to our target group through direct B2B sales.
- The Artificial Intelligence department of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and Hydrobox have a partnership to integrate smart sensoring, artificial intelligence and blockchain technology in our projects.
- JLA Hydro is a Belgian turbine manufacturer developing MINI HYDRO technology (100 kW - 1 MW). They develop the versatile & cost-effective crossflow turbine, ideal for MEDIUM HEAD sites (10-50m).
- Infrapower SA produces standardized & containerized SMALL HYDRO power plants (1-10 MW) for HIGH HEADS (+50m). They provide design, engineering, construction support to Hydrobox.
- National Environment Trust Fund (NETFUND) is a Kenyan State Corporation providing business incubation support to innovate start-ups working on environmental challenges. They are our direct line for government relations matters in Kenya.
- The Alliance for Rural Electrification enables improved energy access through business development support along the whole value chain for off-grid technologies. They provide key policy and technical recommendations for Hydrobox.